No Grain Granola (Chocolate/ Vanilla)



Confessions of a recovered Cereal-holic...

I used to be completely addicted to all types of cereal; granola, rice crisps, Frosties, you name it. Every night before bed I would skip dessert and make myself a huge bowl of cereal instead. 

After cutting out grains and refined sugars from my diet, and with Billy not being able to eat cereal due to his autism, I needed to create something more "Tommey family friendly." After weeks of trial and error, I finally finished with two different granola recipes that have no nasty ingredients and half the calories of store-bought, sugar filled cereals. Enjoy with nut milk or coconut yoghurt and berries for a delicious breakfast or snack! 

Chocolate No Grain Granola (Paleo)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
2 tablespoons all natural nut butter 
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/3 cup unsweetened nut milk
1/4 cup crushed nuts of choice
1/2 cup organic stevia
Optional add in ideas: dried fruit, dark chocolate chips.

Method:

1) Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

2) In a saucepan, over medium temperature, heat nut butter, cacao powder, and nut milk until completely melted.

3) Stir in your shredded coconut and sweetener until fully combined and remove from heat.

4) Spread your coconut mixture out evenly onto the baking sheet, and bake for half an hour. Frequently stir the granola clusters and check for any signs of burning.

5) Let cool and break up any large pieces to desired cluster size.

6) Store in a mason jar or closed container until you're ready to enjoy!

Check out my Vanilla Granola (Paleo) on YouTube for another delicious recipe:


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thanks Bella. My favorite way to have breakfast if I am not eating eggs is to have a breakfast yogurt bowl which is fruit and granola.Thanks for the recipe.I didn't know you existed before meeting your Mom and so now you have a new blog fan. :-) I love to cook and bake and everyone said I should've had a blog and when I say "not sure" they say "never say never".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoy the recipe! I would love to hear how you get on with it in your breakfast bowl xox

      Delete