Family Time & Rosemary Raisin Crackers



I spent this past weekend at home with my family.

With mum being away on the Vaxxed tour, Dad never really gets a break, so I ditched my crazy life in downtown Austin and spent four days helping out at the Autism Trust land, a tranquil plot in the Hill Country which we are lucky to call home.

It was a fabulous time. We celebrated Kent's birthday, caught up with friends at ACF (our amazing church) and finally finished our Netflix fave, Bloodline. I also spent a LOT of time in the kitchen. With a big opportunity coming up at the end of this week, I needed to get as creative in the kitchen as possible, and it paid off as I ended up with three new recipes and spontaneously meal prepped for the entire week.




Amongst the new recipes (which will be posted soon I promise), I re-created my mum's favorite crackers.


I hate crackers.

They are bland, non-filling and remind me of having a stomach bug as a child.

But, when my mum made these a year ago I fell in love with them. They are super easy to make, relatively cheap, and they hit that sweet/savory thing perfectly. These grain-free rosemary raisin crackers are right up there on my list of favorite snacks. When I get the 4 pm munchies at work, 90% of the time I will reach for a couple of these with some almond butter.

These are to.die.for. So make them y'all!


Rosemary Raisin Crackers (Grain-free, GF, DF, RSF, Vegan)

Ingredients:
1 cup almond meal
2 tablespoons unsweetened raisins or currants
2 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds, or nuts of choice
Fresh rosemary
2 teaspoons EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil)
2 tablespoons cold water
pinch of salt

Method:

1) Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until doughy.
3) Form 1/8- inch thin, rectangle shapes from the dough and transfer them to the baking sheet.
4) Bake for 15 minutes, or until your crackers are slightly golden.
5) Cool on a rack and serve! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments