Polly's Paleo Bread



For many people, the hardest part of following a paleo lifestyle is giving up bread. In fact, it is for this reason that many individuals don't even attempt to give up grains. Majority of times I tell someone I don't eat grains I will get a "What?! How do you survive without bread?!"

Well, thanks to my clever mother I don't have to.

Just over a year ago she attempted to make bread free from grains, gluten and dairy and after weeks of trial and error she managed to perfect her bread recipe. Now my entire family is hooked on this stuff. We eat this bread with everything; soups, sandwiches, breakfast toast and even for dessert with almond butter and dark chocolate chips.

Paleo friends, get ready to introduce warm, crusty bread back into your life...


Polly's Paleo Bread

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup of arrowroot powder
1 cup flaxseed meal
5 organic eggs
4 teaspoons baking powder
4 tablespoons bacon fat (or coconut oil/ oil of choice)
1/2 cup of nut milk (Polly uses all-natural cashew)
Add-ins: sunflower seeds, pecan pieces, cinnamon & raisins, the options are endless!


Method:

1) Mix all of your ingredients in a food processor until well combined.
2) Add in your nuts/seeds/ whatever your heart desires.
3) Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan
4) Bake for 20 minutes on 350.

SO easy, right? Enjoy your bread as breakfast toast with homemade jam and almond butter, as part of a sandwich or even as croutons! 


It gets a thumbs up from Billy!


Need more instruction? Follow along with Polly in this Autism Media Channel video:





You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Hi Bella! Sounds like a great a recipe - any suggestions for those of us who cannot have eggs? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I haven't tried it in this recipe, you could consider replacing the eggs with 5 tablespoons chia seed mixed with 1/2 cup water (mix them together first and wait until gloopy) or 6 teaspoons flax seed & 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar. These are my go-to egg substitutes! Bella xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the video that goes with the recipe. Your family seems fun to come over and hang out and cook and bake together. I can see myself there in the kitchen with you all while my boys are outside with the goats and the chickens.SusanE on FB. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Polly we love you!!! You are an amazing mother and person. ❤️ Thanks for sharing! Looks good minus eggs and bacon fat ;-) Natasha my new favorite egg substitute for baking is the brine or water from a can of chickpeas or white beans. I've ised it with cookies and pancakes, it makes them super fluffy. It's 3T I think for 1 egg. (I haven't tried it with GF bread yet only the flax or chia egg and its dense )
    I'll have to try it with the vegan subs :-)

    ReplyDelete