Chocolate Donuts On My Last Day in ATX

I'm writing this on what will be my last day in Austin for a while. The time has finally come for me to join the Vaxxed tour bus on their journey around the country.

For those who don't know, my brother Billy was vaccine damaged when he was two years old. I am not "anti-vaccine" as some may label me, but rather advocating for SAFE vaccines and more research to be done. I am not a scientist, but I did watch my brother change from a happy and healthy little boy to someone who could not even recognize his sister.

I feel as though God is calling me to share Billy's story, create awareness of the potential damage vaccines can cause and provide support for other siblings like myself. As a young person, I am extremely worried about the future. With mandatory vaccination laws in the works, GMO labeling laws and a generation sicker than ever before, it is time to make a change and fight for our health.

Please, please be open-minded, ask questions and do your research! In the words of Del Bigtree... BE BRAVE! <3

Billy and I at our Elementary school photos!

On a lighter note, I thought I would share one of my favorite recipes with you all. This recipe was one of my first and was featured on FOX back in 2013 when I began experimenting in my kitchen. One of Billy's favorite treats are donuts, always have been. And although he is occasionally allowed the "cardboard" tasting GF store-bought ones, I took it into my hands to create the moist, sweet and rich chocolate donut he was craving. This recipe is grain-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free and is the perfect guilt-free pick-me-up!

Chocolate, Frosted Donuts (Grain Free, DF, GF, Refined Sugar Free)

Ingredients:
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
3 eggs
1/3 cup raw honey or maple syrup
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Frosting:
1 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips (or whatever brand you <3 )
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
Optional toppings: ground nuts, sliced banana.

Method:

1) Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a donut pan with coconut oil.
2) In a large bowl or food mixer, mix your coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and sea salt. 
3) Add your wet ingredients; eggs, coconut oil, sweetener, and vanilla extract and mix again.
4) Transfer your mixture evenly into the donut wells. If this is tricky just with a spoon you may want to use a piping bag! 
5) Bake the donuts for 20 minutes or until they are firm.
6) As you allow the donuts to cool, make your frosting by heating all of your frosting ingredients over a low heat until completely melted.
7) Let the pan cool in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8) Once cool, spread 1 tablespoon of frosting over the top of each donut and sprinkle with toppings if you desire! Enjoy! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments